Sisterhood...

Got a call from my sister yesterday. She lives in Dallas, Texas and it was good to hear her sweet voice. I miss her. Just started thinking about my relationships with my girlfriends. How important these women are in my life. Young friends - just getting started in the real world of - mortgage payment due, car needs repair - they are in the --6 more months until paid vacation part of life, older friends who have younger lifestyles and older friends who are starting the settle down phase - kids are grown - have finally left home for the third time - husband is retiring soon - looking down the road phase....

No matter what age and circumstance -- girlfriends with young families, grown families, families that consist of puppies, or cats or plants -- all of my girlfriends mean so much to me. Little things they do to show support, words that compliment, set me straight, and even humble - all important in the big picture of friendship. Here's to you -- SISTERS!

No comments: